Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day 4

The day began with a visit to the Martyrs' shrine, which since the 1970's has honored those who gave their lives for the Republic. We watched the changing of the guard, a 25 minute presentation done every hour on the hour.

Before our Rotary luncheon at the Grand Hotel, we hiked in the mountain park behind the hotel. We came upon a picnic that included Karaoke. The happy Taiwanese group of hotel workers encouraged us to sing along, and team leader Joni obliged. Definitely not our next idol, but our hosts did not let her lose face.

We went to the Rotary luncheon, sang our songs, completed our presentation and exchanged flags. While there, we were invited to the KPMG offices in Taipei 101 by PDG & KPMG partner Dr. Tsai.

After the meeting, we went to Taipei 101 as previously arranged, and toured the Observatory and Observation deck of this world record tower. Before leaving the building we were entertained at KPMG and Collier International's offices.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We stayed in the Grand Hotel! I'm glad to see it's still as imposing as it was then. Dixie

Anonymous said...

Jennifer - this is Nancy Hiers, a friend of your mom's. She sent me your blog and I am really enjoying the pix! I feel as though I am in China with you! Thanks! Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hey mom (Joni). Jim handed me the lap top to check out your blog. The photos are beautiful. I wish I could be there with you. We of course miss you here but know you are enjoying yourself. I actually have skype on my computer too so one day I might get online to see if you are available to chat. Anyway love you and miss you lots. Janine